Gemma Chan is a very diverse actress as she has performed in various movies, televisions Erie’s and theatre plays. She is also a former fashion model. The British actress is famous for playing the character Charlotte in season four of the television show Secret Diary of a Call Girl (2007). Besides this, she has portrayed the character of Ruth in Channel 4’s Fresh Meat (2011), Mia Bennett in Doctor Who: The Waters of Mars (2009), and Soo Lin in Sherlock: The Blind Banker (2010). These are some famous Gemma Chan Movies and Tv shows. Now we will see about Gemma Chan biography in detail.
|Real Name||Gemma Chan|
|Date Of Birth||29 November 1982|
|Birth Place||Southwark, London, England|
|Profession||Actress and Model|
Birth and Gemma Chan parents
The actress was born on 29 November 1982 in London, England. She studied at Newstead Wood School and graduated from Worcester College Oxford. Chan’s father is an engineer and her mother is a pharmacist by profession. Gemma Chan parents name is unknown. Unfortunately, we don’t have any information regarding her siblings. Currently, she lives in California, United States.
|Father Name||Not Known|
|Mother Name||Not Known|
|Siblings Name||Not Known|
Gemma Chan Physical Stats and More
The actress’s height is 5’4 feet and her weight is 52 kg. Her body measurement is 34-26-34. The British actress’s eye colour and hair colour is Dark Brown colour. Her hobbies include singing, swimming and dancing.
In Centimetres:- 162.56
In pounds:- 114.64 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
Gemma Chan Boyfriend & Married Life
Gemma Chan Net worth
Gemma Chan net worth is estimated around $6 Million.
Gemma Chan career
- Gemma Chan started her acting career in the miniseries of Horror Channel When Evil Calls in 2006
- She appeared in the initial season of the reality series Project Catwalk. She walked on stage in Bertolt Brecht’s final piece named Turandot which premiered in Britain in 2008.
- The actress was also part of the BBC Doctor Who’s 2009 fall special, The Waters of Mars by portraying the role of geologist Mia Bennett.
- She played a role in Exam in 2009, which was released at the Edinburgh International Film Festival and got mixed reviews. The actress played minor roles in Channel 4’s The IT Crowd and BBC’s Sherlock.
- She was also a part of the movies Pimp and Shanghai in 2010, which got critical reviews, and Submarine was released at the 35th Toronto International Film Festival. She played a role in the last season of Secret Diary of a Call Girl, as the rival of Billie Piper’s character, which broadcasted on ITV2 in the year 2011.
- She also appeared on Fresh Meat which aired on Channel 4. In 2012, the actress joined the regular cast in Sky Living’s supernatural drama show 2, Bedlam. She also portrayed the role of Kiera.
- She portrayed the role of Hattie James as a young archaeologist on the BBC One crime drama Shetland. The actress appeared on BBC Death in Paradise. She was also a part of the Channel 4 Romantic Drama Dates. Chan was invited to the BBC Radio 4 feature Front Row series Cultural Exchange in 2013.
- She played a role in The Double in 2012, which was released at the Toronto International Film Festival in 2013 and the movie was a critical success.
- In 2014, Gemma portrayed a role in the action-thriller movie Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit. She played the role in the French comedy Belles Families in 2015 where she plays the lead’s girlfriend, Chen-Lin, which was released at the Toronto International Film Festival in 2015.
- In 2016 she portrayed the role of the American witch Madame Ya Zhou in the movie Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. She provided her voice to the BBC’s Watership Down animation mini-series in 2018. Khan portrayed the character of the anthropomorphic robot, Anita/Mia, in Humans which is a sci-fi dramatic comedy AMC/Channel 4, which aired from 2016 to 2018.
- She was a part of the action-thriller movie Stratton which was released in 2017 as a “smart-girl” colleague of the character, Aggie. In 2018, Chenna with Andrea Riseborough, Jane Horrocks, Jaime Winstone, and Laura Carmichael appeared in a movie produced by ActionAid to encourage British citizens to support girls exposed to sexual violence.
- Gemma Chan played the part of Astrid Leong-Teo in the movie Crazy Rich Asians in 2018.
- She was a part of the short movie Leading Lady Parts in 2018. She was also part of the movie Eternals by Marvel Studios in 2019, which was released on November 5, 2021.
Facts About Gemma Chan
- The British actress was one of 15 women chosen for the cover of the September 2019 issue of British Vogue by guest editor, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex.
- In 2015, the Eternals actor was nominated for Best Actress for Humans at the Broadcasting Press Guild Awards.
- The Crazy Rich Asians actor got nominations at Screen Actors Guild Awards for Outstanding Cast in a Motion Picture and also at the Music City Critics’ Association for Best Supporting Actress for Crazy Rich Asians in 2018.
- The actress won the MTV Movie Awards for Best Fight in Capital Marvel in 2019.
- In 2109, the Jack Ryan actress was nominated at the National and Television Awards for Best Actress for Captain Marvel.
Gemma Chan Hobbies, Interests
|Hobbies||Travelling and Shopping|
|Music||Hip Hop and Indie|
Gemma has a lot of followers on Instagram with over 1.9M. She also has a huge following on Twitter with over 219.7K followers.